Friday 16 October 2015

16th October 2015, nice day for a drive.

Not much to report since the Tetbury car show and we have been away for our usual late summer break of three weeks in Portugal. Very nice it was too.  We seem to have brought some nice weather back with as the last couple of weeks have been pretty nice here as well with a lot of dry clear days.

I found a reason to go out for a quick blast in the TR7 this week - not that I needed a reason - but it has been sitting in the garage for over a month so I wanted to give it a run. My excuse was that we needed some ice-cream from our local maker who has a factory/shop about 10 miles away on Rodborough Common.

Lovely day, a bit cool ( about 11/12 degrees) with a mostly blue sky and I loved every minute of it. The trees are just starting to change colour with a few leaves blowing in the wind.  Naturally I had to stop for a picture.

View of the Golden Valley towards Chalford.
Its on days like this that you remember why you bought the TR7 in the first place!

*****************************************************

Now as autumn approaches its time to start work on that jobs list of things to do on the car over the winter. Its quite a long list of mostly small and trivial things that I would like to do, like tidy up the wiring under the dash and radio console and fit a wire mesh screen over the cabin air intake to keep those leaves out.  You never know I may even get that new Sprint engine built.

#####################################################




 

No comments:

Post a Comment