Sunday 2 August 2015

1st August 2015, Gloucestershire Vintage & Country Extravaganza

The Gloucestershire Vintage & Country Show is advertised as Britain's second largest steam fair after the very famous one in Dorset. After spending hours looking around it yesterday and still not seeing half of it I would say that is most probably true - and its less than 15 miles from my home. We had 12 cars on display from our GLAVON group of the TR Register and I must say they all looked pretty good, even my TR7 which got quite few complimentary remarks during the day.

My TR7 is right in the middle of our club display

 Just to give you an idea of the scale of the show, I counted around 100 stationery engines all chugging away and about 100 vintage tractors, then there were the old buses and the lorries and the steam engines etc etc etc. Then there was a guy was asking you to bet on ferret racing and more stalls trying to sell us stuff than we could count.  It just went on and on.  Must go again next year and be prepared for some serious browsing!

Nice old Marshall tractor.
Wonderful steam roller.




Lovely row of Bedford buses
RA Lister sheep shear set, made here in Dursley.

RA Lister stationery engine

Superb radio controlled model tank - it almost ran over me!

This guy dropped in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment